Saturday, May 11, 2013



 Today's wig review is about my Lady Ciel Phantomhive wig from Jiuwihu. I actually got this wig from a wig trade, it's brand new and still in perfect condition 'cause I've been using this for trials only. I don't have her costume to begin with, that's why. I am also putting this on trade 'cause I wanna focus on doll wigs from now on. I wanna be a kawaii doll eyyhh! ^___^ 

NOTE: I am doing this review with my PJ's on. Hahahaha! I just woke up, you can't blame me for having the determination to do a blog review just after I washed my face and brush my teeth you know :P 

Okay, ABOUT THE BRAND: Jiuwihu is one of the well known brand here in the Philippines (at least on the CNPH Market Group I guess xD ) It is cheap, very much affordable compared to Grand Young, Fantasy Sheep and Gekkou which for me sells good quality wig yet really pricey. For cosplayers who doesn't have much budget, they/we would just settle on low price yet good quality wigs like this.  Plus, it doesn't get easily tangled.



WIG ITSELF: The fiber of the wig isn't kinda thick compared to other wigs but it is really soft and manageable. But what I really like about it is the base wig, it is very soft and no matter how I hold it, it will always return to its natural beautiful look. I didn't have it styled by the way. (I don't trust my wig styling skills, that's why :P)


As you can see, the base wig looks good on me (you must agree! kidding! :D) The color is more likely ash-gray with some blue strands which makes it more awesome. I really think that having those blue strands makes the wig more unique than the usual Phantomhive wig. Another good thing about it is that you can use this for the original Ciel Phantomhive or go cross-dressing if you're a male with Lady Phantomhive. It's like 2-in-1 wiggu! That's actually my favorite part on wigs like this :P


Moving on to the clip ons, I am not really used to clip ons. This is my second clip on wig, the other one is my Miku wig which I got from Yufei. I hope I could do a review of it too. Compared to Hatsune Miku wig, it is more manageable, and the curls where perfect, big curls that you can easily fix when tangled by just swirling them into your bare hands. No need of any curling item. It's kinda easy to handle, though it is slightly heavy. But nevertheless, it doesn't ruin the quality of the wig. Even the strands are equally distributed.  

A closer look on the wig. I think it is really perfect. No need on styling, you just gotta know how to handle and take care of the wig and its bangs. But the character don't really have that full bangs wig so, yeah.. You can just leave it that way. No styling at all. Nothing.

SUMMARY: 
*For 1,250Pesos (22-25 USD) this wig is perfect. Giving it a 3.5/5 for the quality. 
*Color: Perfect! 5/5
*Softness: 4/5
*Style: Base (5/5) Clip on (4/5)
*Thickness: 4/5

Would I recommend this brand?
YES! I highly recommend this brand to all cosplayers who doesn't have much budget for their cosplays. This is very affordable, and has a really good quality. If you ask me if I am going to buy another wig from Jiuwihu, I definitely will buy again. I'm telling you, this one is a good buy. Try it!


If you do not agree or you want to make a request/commentaries or suggestions, send me a message here or just leave a comment below. :)

More wig reviews soon! :) I hope you guys could actually leave me a comment so I would know what do you think about my blog, me or anything you want to say. Comm'on honeyyy. Just try to leave me one. I would highly appreciate that! 

That's all for today babies, have a great day ahead and see me on my next blog post! Lovelots. xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kate Cruize! I've seen the site. I'll try to buy a wig from them. But as of now, I am focused on buying wigs that are available here in the Philippines so that I wouldn't have any problem with the customs. Customs problem are so difficult to solve plus it is really costly ;(
    Anyhow, expect more of cosplay stuffs here in my blog.
    Thanks for viewing! :D

    Lovelots,
    Enna (k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first i was doubtful to buy wigs from jiuwihu, bcs its just quite cheap i didnt trust its quality x_x lol but then after i read this blogpost, i made up my mind and buy one :D the wig that i bought is a long straight grey clip-on wig, i use it to cosplay as miss monochrome, and omigosh it is sooo soft managable and not easy to get tangled*^*/ thanks to your writing, jiuwihu happends to be one of my fav brand xD

    So, thankyou!
    -Arra, Indonesia :3
    (facebook.com/arramons) *teehee*

    ReplyDelete